Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Erica's #67 - Complete a 365 Day Photo Challenge

Have you ever started one of these, been really good about remembering to take a photo each day for a couple of weeks, then completely forgotten about it?  I had failed at this several times before, so I wrote it down this time - I'm much more likely to stick with something if I can check a box when I'm finished!

There's a handy app for this type of goal called Project 365.  The idea is simple - take a single photo each day for 365 days to document your year.  I began my project on October 14, 2013, with a simple and boring photo of the view of the trees that keep me company at my desk for about 240 days a year (it's the green one in the center of that screenshot above).

I'll be honest - there were a few days when I completely forgot to take a photo.  There are also a significant number of days where I remembered to take a photo at the last second, and it is a view of our television from the vantage point of my pillow in a dark room just before I dozed off to sleep.

The majority of them, however, remind me just how amazing our year was when I scroll back through the days and reflect on just how fun life really is, and how lucky we are to have some amazing people in it.  I'll let the photos do the talking now:

October 19, 2014 - The first time we saw our now pals Humming House live...

Meeting Pete for the first time (he promptly escaped from the car and ran into a McDonalds parking lot)


Louie and his best friend, my brother Ryan


Elton John live in Chicago


My parents and scrabble


Ryan holding Katy while watching Cooer's Christmas pageant


Raise the Roof Philadelphia


Drinks with Heidi


Cayamo


Birthday dinner with Emily and Katy and Coop


Happiest dogs at the park


Flying to Minneapolis for a weekend to visit Mel's college friends


Dinner in DC with Ruthi and Tracy


Katie Herzig show with Lisa, Heidi and Meredith


Nite ride with Mel's nephew Pete


Disneyland


Mount Vernon


Bid Delores


Off to Portland, OR


Raise the Roof Portland


Dinner with the bro and his lady friend Lisa


Crazy Cooper's birthday party


Seriously relaxed Louie


Shovels and Rope


And the very last photo - this ridiculously small rental Fiat my boss and I rode around in on a business trip to Delaware...it was laughable, every time...


No comments:

Post a Comment