Thursday, February 20, 2014

Erica's #22 - Eat in a revolving restaurant (12/23/2013)

You always hear about those fancy revolving restaurants at the top of buildings in big cities, and Indianapolis is no exception to this rule.  The Eagle's Nest sits atop the Hyatt Regency in downtown Indy, and I remember hearing about people having dinners there to celebrate special occasions since I was in high school.  Since we are typically operating on a Taco Bell or pizza budget, we haven't ever made it to this restaurant to give it a shot.  I decided it was time for that to change, so I made a reservation for us on the night of Mel's birthday.

It was a cold, windy, but thankfully clear night as we headed downtown to try out The Eagle's Nest.  Since Mel's birthday fell on a Monday this year, the place wasn't that crowded, and we were seated right next to the window.  The interior of the restaurant rotates 360 degrees, providing a beautiful view of all of downtown while you enjoy a delicious meal.



We started off with an amazing appetizer of goat cheese with sundried tomatoes and a balsamic reduction drizzled on top of toasted brioche slices.  Yum - you can never go wrong with cheese and bread in my opinion, and this goat cheese was fresh and the most flavorful that I've ever had.



Mel chose the salmon as her main course, which was served on creamy polenta.  I'm not a fish person, and I've eaten exactly one meal of salmon in my life that I've enjoyed, but I tried a bite - this salmon was delicious, as was the polenta.



I ordered the vegetarian pasta, and I'm not sure I've ever had a better pasta dish.  It was prepared with grilled zucchini, squash, and mushrooms, and troffiette pasta.  The pasta had been cooked to a perfect al dente, and almost had a grilled taste to it.  It was in a very light wine sauce, and had the best delicate flavor.

Even though their dessert options sounded delicious, we opted to skip dessert at The Eagle's Nest in favor of meeting Mel's mom, sister, and nephew for a late dessert of frozen yogurt!  This was one of the things on her list to do, and it was a great time.



So we highly recommend The Eagle's Nest as a place to go celebrate a special occasion.  The pricing wasn't even as high as we expected, so that was a nice surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment